Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients52 m servings 727
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Cook and stir sausage in a skillet over high heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Add Alfredo sauce, milk, and habanero pepper to the skillet. Cook over medium heat until bubbly, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to a simmer and add 1/2 cup pepper Jack cheese. Cover and cook sauce until thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Pour sauce over pasta; garnish with remaining pepper Jack cheese, diced tomatoes, and green onions. Cover for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- The heat in the sauce all hinges on the size and quality of the habanero peppers. I have added an extra 1/2 pepper if guests like extra heat but this can unbalance the dish to nothing but heat.
- The sauce can also be prepared in the slow cooker on Low, for about 3 hours.
- You can replace the mild Italian sausage with any sausage of your preference.
- You can substitute milk with heavy whipping cream.
Per Serving: 727 calories; 38.7 74.3 24.1 64 1204 Full nutrition