Pastel de Elote (Mexican Corn Cake)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"A delicious and moist Mexican cake made with fresh sweet corn kernels and sweetened with condensed milk. A traditional recipe from the state of Jalisco."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 379
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch cake pan. Chill in freezer.
- Cut kernels from ears of corn with a sharp knife. Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Combine eggs, condensed milk, whole milk, and corn kernels in a blender; blend until smooth. Transfer egg mixture to a bowl with butter and mix well.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt into a large bowl. Add egg mixture and mix well to combine.
- Remove cake pan from freezer. Grease and flour again. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove from tin and cool on a wire rack.
You might also like
Per Serving: 379 calories; 24.7 34.7 7.4 120 334 Full nutrition