Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients54 m servings 210
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. Add green bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until almost tender, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Place turkey sausage in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir, breaking sausage up with a wooden spoon, until browned and crumbly, about 6 minutes. Add red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, and oregano; stir in tomatoes. Simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Place penne in a serving bowl; top with sausage mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Note:
- During busy weeknights, streamline the prep using frozen bell pepper strips or frozen diced bell pepper strips and onions. Use a high-quality Parmesan cheese for maximum flavor. Just a small amount can completely transform your favorite italian recipes.
Per Serving: 210 calories; 9.4 14.4 18.9 62 901 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1