Puffed Caramel Corn
Ingredients1 h 7 m servings 631
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Combine corn puffs and peanuts in a large roasting pan.
- Bring butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup to a boil in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda until mixture foams up. Pour over corn-peanut mixture and toss well using rubber spatulas.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes, until a cooled piece of corn is crunchy, about 45 minutes.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Break apart and transfer to an airtight container.
- Cook's Note:
- Caramel corn is hot. Please handle carefully. Use utensils.
Per Serving: 631 calories; 42.2 62 6.2 62 787 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Might need to be in the oven a little longer than recipe calls for. A roaster pan is great for this.
This is the best snack EVER. No matter what event I attend, friends and family insist that I make and bring this. I belong to a "Moms with Freshman Club" where we meet, network and make care p...
Yes, yes, yessss!!! Amazing! So buttery food. I added the optional peanuts, but I think I will leave them out next time, as we mostly went right for the puffed corn pieces. This is addictive and...