Puffed Caramel Corn
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 7 m servings 631 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Combine corn puffs and peanuts in a large roasting pan.
- Bring butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup to a boil in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda until mixture foams up. Pour over corn-peanut mixture and toss well using rubber spatulas.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes, until a cooled piece of corn is crunchy, about 45 minutes.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Break apart and transfer to an airtight container.
- Cook's Note:
- Caramel corn is hot. Please handle carefully. Use utensils.
Per Serving: 631 calories; 42.2 g fat; 62 g carbohydrates; 6.2 g protein; 62 mg cholesterol; 787 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Yes, yes, yessss!!! Amazing! So buttery food. I added the optional peanuts, but I think I will leave them out next time, as we mostly went right for the puffed corn pieces. This is addictive and...