Ingredients1 h 22 m servings 439
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Put 4 popcorn kernels into the oil and cover until popped; add remaining kernels to the saucepan in an even layer. Cover and remove from heat, about 30 seconds. Return to heat and gently shake pan back and forth over the burner until popping slows to several seconds between pops, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and salt in a 2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Let boil for 5 minutes more without stirring. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and baking soda. Stir well. Pour over the popcorn; mix until evenly coated. Transfer to a shallow oven-safe pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, until a cooled piece of popcorn is crunchy, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Note:
- Your popped corn should measure about 6 quarts.
Per Serving: 439 calories; 21.6 63.3 1.5 49 449 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Caution: do NOT make this unless you are ready to indulge in yumminess! Fortunately for me I only made half a batch because otherwise, well, you know how that goes! The author says to double ...
So darn good people fought over it at a Christmas Party last weekend!
I've made this a few times in the past couple of months and it's excellent every time. I can't see where you could go wrong! I add salted peanuts but otherwise stick to recipe. I find it simil...
Sweet, salty, crunchy, best snack every! We call this crack.
Easy, tasty and crunchy. I used 2 large bags of microwave popcorn.
Quick and easy. I'll add nuts and some other mix-ins next time.
I should have cooked more popcorn to pour it over. I used our air popper. But it was delicious, it just disappeared too fast.