Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients59 m servings 447 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 8-inch cake )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add pumpkin seeds and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly brown and toasted, about 5 minutes. Pour into a food processor. Blend the toasted pumpkin seeds in the food processor until sand-like in texture. Add to the flour mixture.
- Place ground flax seeds in the same skillet. Cook and stir until toasted, about 4 minutes. Mix into the flour mixture until well combined.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla extract, mixing until well combined. Add the flour-seed mixture in batches, alternating with milk, beating batter briefly after each addition until batter is fully blended. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use cake flour in place of all-purpose flour.
- Water may be substituted for the milk.
- You can skip toasting the seeds if desired.
- The ground seed and flour mixture should amount to about 2 cups.
Per Serving: 447 calories; 32 g fat; 34.9 g carbohydrates; 7.5 g protein; 108 mg cholesterol; 362 mg sodium. Full nutrition
How can I make my cakes moist?
Why do my cakes fall?
My cakes do not rise evenly – they are tall in the middle, and slope down to the sides. What am I doing wrong?
Ask Your Question