Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 265
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 9x11-inch casserole)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x11-inch casserole dish.
- Place squash on a flat work surface. Trim off the hard outer rind with a knife. Cut squash into 1/2-inch slices; arrange slices over the bottom of the prepared dish. Arrange apples on top.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, flour, salt, and mace together in a bowl. Pour mixture over the apples. Sprinkle cranberries on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown and apples are tender, 50 minutes to 1 hour.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You may substitute 1/4 cup maple syrup for 1/4 cup of the brown sugar.
- Butternut squash may be substituted for the buttercup squash. You can slice the squash into slightly bigger pieces.
Per Serving: 265 calories; 8 51.3 1.9 20 454 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was a hit at our family Christmas table. I changed it up by using delicata squash because it's sooo much easier to prepare than the thick skinned squash varieties. The mace, instead of th...