Chili Pizza with Rice Crust
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Chili and rice are made for each other, and this recipe is a perfect way to meld the two! Just as the title suggests, this recipe delivers a 'pizza' made with a rice crust and topped with your favorite chili. Easily adaptable for vegan or gluten-free diets. After baking, garnish with cilantro or arugula if desired. Serves 4 as a main course with salad, or 1 hungry teenager."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 11 m servings 458
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat water and rice in a saucepan; boil for 1 minute and remove from heat. Cover; let stand until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Spoon warm rice into a bowl; stir in Parmesan cheese. Allow mixture to cool.
- Coat a pizza pan with cooking spray. Dust with 1 1/2 teaspoon cornmeal.
- Mix beaten egg, sesame seeds, and cilantro into rice mixture. Mound in the center of the prepared pizza pan. Shape into a deep-dish crust, approximately 1/4-inch deep with slightly raised edges. Dust edges with remaining cornmeal.
- Bake on the upper rack of the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Slide crust carefully from the pan directly onto the oven rack using a pizza paddle; bake until just starting to brown, 5 to 8 minutes more. Use the paddle to remove crust from the oven and return it to the pan.
- Top pizza with chili, Cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and panko. Spray with cooking spray.
- Return pizza to the hot oven; bake until cheese bubbles, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand for 5 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- When shaping the crust, use your hands and the back of a dampened wooden spoon to press and mold the rice.
- Editor's Note:
- Parboiled rice is also known as converted rice; look for it in boxes in the rice aisle.
Per Serving: 458 calories; 16.8 58.9 19.7 86 906 Full nutrition