Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 352
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 loaf)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and cloves together in a bowl.
- Mix buttermilk and vanilla extract together in a small bowl.
- Beat sugar and shortening in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Beat in pumpkin puree. Add flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with buttermilk mixture, beating batter briefly after each addition.
- Fold dates into the batter. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
You might also like
Per Serving: 352 calories; 10.3 61.3 5.3 47 579 Full nutrition