Russian Ant Hill Cake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 656
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Combine 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of melted butter and sugar in a bowl; stir well. Whisk in sour cream until smooth. Mix flour and baking powder and sift over batter. Knead everything until a smooth, stiff dough forms.
- Using the meat grinder attachment of your kitchen aid, pass handfuls of the dough through the grinder. Spread ground dough pieces bits evenly over the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Beat 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of softened butter in a bowl with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add dulce de leche and beat until well combined. Add the cooled cake pieces to the caramel mixture and fold in with a spatula until well combined.
- Place mixture onto a serving plate and with buttered hands form into the shape of an ant hill. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Mound the mixture onto a serving plate. Using buttered hands, form the mixture into an ant hill. Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
You might also like
Per Serving: 656 calories; 37.8 72.7 8.1 95 412 Full nutrition