Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 102
Original recipe yields 14 servings (14 rolls)
- Bring sourdough starter to room temperature.
- Heat water to 120 degrees F (49 degrees C) to 130 degrees F (54 degrees C) in a saucepan. Transfer to a glass bowl; add yeast. Cover with plastic wrap; let stand about 10 minutes.
- Stir melted butter and sugar together in a bowl. Add butter mixture to yeast water; stir in starter.
- Combine 3 cups flour and salt in a large bowl. Add starter mixture slowly; mix well. Stir in 2 cups flour; turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead in as much remaining flour as possible to create a stiff, smooth ball, at least 10 minutes. Transfer ball to a lightly oiled bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled, 45 minutes to 2 hours.
- Punch dough down; turn out onto a floured surface. Divide into 14 balls; cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Sprinkle cornmeal onto a baking sheet; place dough balls on top.
- Place baking sheet into the preheated oven. Spray the walls of the oven with water once to create steam; bake until tops are golden, for a total of 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Cook's Note:
- This recipe can also be used to make 2 round loaves; baking time will be approximately 30 to 35 minutes.
Per Serving: 102 calories; 2.8 16.3 3.3 7 195 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1