Clafoutis aux Cerises (Classic Clafouti)
"A quick and classic cherry clafoutis, made the authentic French way with the pits still in the cherries. Should you wish to avoid the pits when enjoying this gorgeously simple dessert, you can remove them prior to baking. Clafoutis can be served warm or cool."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 214
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 8-inch dessert)
- Combine milk and vanilla bean in a pot and steep for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch baking dish with butter. Spread out cherries in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt in a bowl. Add eggs one at a time; beat with an electric mixer after each addition until smooth and creamy.
- Remove vanilla bean from milk and discard. Add milk to egg mixture. Pour in heavy cream; mix until smooth. Pour mixture evenly over cherries.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top of clafoutis is golden, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar on top. Let cool slightly before serving so that the clafoutis is set. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- For a more intense vanilla flavor, steep vanilla bean in milk overnight.
Per Serving: 214 calories; 5.9 36.9 5.4 74 64 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Made with what was handy. Used sweet fresh pitted cherries and vanilla extract. Cherries stayed lovely and juicy. Very yummy.