Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 515
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Arrange potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes in the preheated oven until tender, about 1 hour.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in small pot over medium heat. Add green onions; cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Stir in flour until well blended, about 1 minute. Pour in milk and 1/2 cup half-and-half gradually, stirring sauce constantly. Season with salt and cook until sauce is thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut a slice from the top of each baked potato and scoop the pulp into a bowl. Mash pulp until no lumps remain. Add 1/4 cup half-and-half and 1 tablespoon butter; blend together with an electric mixer. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and pepper until fully combined.
- Fill baked potato skins with the mashed pulp mixture; make a well on top of each potato. Fill wells with onion sauce. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese on top.
- Turn on the broiler. Return stuffed potatoes to the oven and broil until golden brown; about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute the Parmesan cheese with pepper Jack cheese or mozzarella cheese.
- The onion sauce may be cooked just before potatoes are done or while they are cooling (before scooping out pulp).
- Instead of broiling in the last step, you can just let the potatoes heat up for 15 minutes in the still-warm oven.
Per Serving: 515 calories; 19.1 71.8 16.1 55 383 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Very good! The flavors were definitely great, but I had to make quite a few adjustments to time since it was all over the place. 1 hr is not enough time to cook this as I needed 1 hr and 45 minu...