Tropical Mango Trifle
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 50 m servings 531
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 trifle)
- Combine mango, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice, and salt in a food processor; puree until smooth. Add egg yolks; process for 15 seconds.
- Pour mango mixture through a sieve set over a large metal bowl, pressing on solids with the back of a spatula to release as much puree as possible. Discard solids in sieve.
- Fill a large saucepan with 2 inches of water; bring to a simmer. Set metal bowl on top; whisk puree until thickened and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 170 degrees F (77 degrees C), about 10 minutes.
- Place metal bowl on a towel on a flat work surface. Whisk in butter 1 piece at a time until blended. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Combine milk and coconut pudding mix in a saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat; fold in grated coconut and vanilla extract. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- Beat heavy cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup sugar gradually, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Place 1/2 of the pound cake cubes in the bottom of a large trifle bowl. Layer some of the bananas, pineapple, and strawberries on top. Spoon 1/2 of the mango puree and coconut pudding on top. Repeat layers with remaining pound cake, bananas, pineapple, strawberries, mango puree, and coconut pudding.
- Spoon whipped cream on top in big, fluffy swirls. Chill until serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute vanilla pudding mix for the coconut if desired.
- It's easier to put the mango puree down before the coconut pudding.
- You may add layers of whipped cream to the trifle if desired. I usually don't. If you don't feel like the extra work, Cool Whip® works well instead of whipped cream.
Per Serving: 531 calories; 26.4 70.6 7 207 362 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I took shortcuts by using canned mango puree, and this tasted delicious without the work! I used angel food cake, instead of pound cake and it kept it light. I skipped the bananas and pineapple...