Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 568 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium to high heat and saute meat on all sides until brown, about 10 minutes. Crush garlic with pepper and oregano in a mortar.
- Pour wine into skillet with beef. Add crushed garlic mixture, sofrito, salt, beef bouillon cube, and bay leaves; stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until meat is tender, about 1 hour. If meat is not tender yet, add 1/2 cup of water and continue to cook until meat can easily be pierced with a fork.
- Stir in potatoes, carrots, olives, and tomato paste. Cook on low heat until vegetables are done and sauce thickens, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use red or white wine in this recipe and also add 1/2 cup of sweet peas when you are adding the carrots and potatoes.
- I used a sofrito recipe from this website for my Carne Guisada and served it with rice.
Per Serving: 568 calories; 22.5 g fat; 33.5 g carbohydrates; 50.4 g protein; 121 mg cholesterol; 2129 mg sodium. Full nutrition