Carrot Pulp Muffins
made it | 0 reviews |
"Looking at the mound of carrot pulp from my juicer and then at my 2-1/2-year-old daughter (who loves bread) inspired me to experiment... This muffin is dense, healthy, and can be tweaked to suit your tastes. As is, it is not sweet, but you could certainly add mashed ripe banana or pineapple. Once out of the oven, sprinkle the tops with cinnamon sugar while they are still hot."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 117 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 muffins)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Mix carrot pulp, applesauce, eggs, and brown sugar together in a bowl.
- Mix spelt flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and ginger together in a separate bowl.
- Combine carrot pulp and flour mixtures until batter is blended and thick. Fold in walnuts and raisins.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin. Press down and fill each cup to the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 117 calories; 4.4 g fat; 17.4 g carbohydrates; 3.6 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 96 mg sodium. Full nutrition