Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 534
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Boil water in a large saucepan; add plantains, 2 tablespoons salt, and a dash pepper. Cook until very soft, about 30 minutes. Drain.
- Fry bacon in a skillet until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; crumble.
- Crush pork rinds in a mortar; transfer to a bowl.
- Blend olive oil, onion, cilantro, garlic, remaining 1 tablespoon salt, and a dash pepper in a food processor until liquefied.
- Mash warm plantains in the mortar in batches; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in pork rinds, bacon, and olive oil mixture until well combined. Shape mofongo into balls.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of salt. The actual amount of salt consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 534 calories; 43.1 29.8 10.6 19 3879 Full nutrition