Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients56 m servings 317 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Peel plantains; cut into 1-inch pieces. Heat oil in a skillet; add plantains and cook until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a baking dish; reserving oil. Add onion and garlic to the skillet; cook and stir until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mash plantain in the baking dish, using a fork until the texture resembles corn bread stuffing. Add pork rinds; mix in onion-garlic mixture and salt. Pour in broth, dot with 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons margarine, and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You may substitute butter for margarine, if preferred.
Per Serving: 317 calories; 17.1 g fat; 35 g carbohydrates; 9.4 g protein; 13 mg cholesterol; 945 mg sodium. Full nutrition