Saucy Pineapple Fried Duck
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 313
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 duck)
- Place duck on a work surface. Coat skin with salt and fill the cavity with lemon grass. Transfer duck to a pot and cover with water. Add onions and garlic; boil until meat is tender, about 1 hour 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, near the bone, should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Let duck cool, 15 to 20 minutes. Carve.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Deep-fry the duck meat until crispy and brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Fry the potatoes until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Layer the duck, pineapple juice, soda, evaporated milk, potatoes, and pineapple chunks, in this particular order, in a large saucepan. Simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, 12 to 15 minutes. Season with salt.
- Cook's Notes:
- Instead of duck you can use chicken to reduce time and effort in boiling the poultry meat.
- You can add also a carrot as an additional ingredient.
- Instead of a saucepan, you can also layer the ingredients in a casserole dish and broil briefly in order to simmer the mixture.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 313 calories; 16.1 36.2 7.9 26 1827 Full nutrition