Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 394 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the onion and garlic in a food processor; pulse until onion is finely chopped but not watery. Transfer to a large bowl. Puree parsley in the food processor; add to the bowl. Mix in almond meal, beaten eggs, 2 tablespoons tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, salt, paprika, black pepper, and oregano. Add ground beef and pork; mix gently by hand until just combined.
- Place half of the ground meat mixture in a loaf pan. Press down until well-packed. Make a shallow well in the center; fill with hard-boiled eggs. Pat the remaining ground meat mixture down on top, squeezing out any air pockets.
- Stir 2 tablespoons tomato paste and ghee together in a small bowl. Spread an even layer of the topping over the meatloaf. Place the loaf pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Cool meatloaf until slightly shrunk and pulled away from the sides, at least 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board using 2 sturdy spatulas. Slice and serve.
- Cook's Note:
- Olive oil may be substituted for the ghee.
Per Serving: 394 calories; 25.8 g fat; 6.9 g carbohydrates; 33.1 g protein; 211 mg cholesterol; 683 mg sodium. Full nutrition