Penne Pasta with Squash, Zucchini, and Olives
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 29 m servings 725 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9x11-inch casserole)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Cook and stir ground beef and Italian sausage in a skillet until browned and crumbly, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl using a slotted spoon. Drain excess grease, reserving 1 tablespoon in the skillet.
- Cook and stir zucchini and yellow squash in the reserved grease until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread 3/4 cup pasta sauce in the bottom of a 9x11-inch casserole dish.
- Pour remaining pasta sauce into a Dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in zucchini and yellow squash, whole olives, and sliced olives. Cook and stir until pasta sauce is heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Layer half of the ground meat mixture, penne, hot pasta sauce, Cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese over the pasta sauce in the casserole dish. Repeat layers once more.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and layers are heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- I've also made this with chicken sausage.
Per Serving: 725 calories; 39.7 g fat; 50.5 g carbohydrates; 41.5 g protein; 111 mg cholesterol; 1808 mg sodium. Full nutrition