Thick-Style Flour Tortillas
Ingredients37 m servings 166
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Combine water and canola oil in a separate bowl. Mix into the flour mixture with a fork until dough forms a ball, adding 1/4 cup water if dough is too dry.
- Knead dough until smooth, 3 to 4 minutes. Divide into 14 egg-size balls. Cover bowl with a cotton towel. Let dough rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Roll 1 ball dough into an 8-inch tortilla on a floured work surface. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Preheat an ungreased cast iron griddle on medium-high heat. Place 1 tortilla on the hot griddle; cook until browned spots form, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a plate; cover with a cotton towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining tortillas, stacking them under the towel.
- Cook's Note:
- To reheat tortillas, place in the microwave for 10 seconds.
Per Serving: 166 calories; 4.4 27.4 3.7 0 237 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
These are great tasting super easy to make and very quick, they stayed there shape when rolled out, Will be making these agian. Thanks
I made this recipe using coconut oil (that is all I had). I followed the measurements exactly, I cut the recipe in half (just for me), I was able to make 8 tortillas, a few the size of fajitas a...