Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 363 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans; line bottoms with greased parchment paper.
- Combine milk and 2 tablespoons orange juice in a bowl; set aside at room temperature for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix orange zest, flour, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, and sea salt together in a bowl.
- Beat white sugar, butter, and brown sugar together in a large bowl using an electric mixer on high speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low; slowly add 1/3 of the beaten eggs and mix until well incorporated. Repeat process until all eggs are added. Add sweet potatoes and almond extract; mix until smooth.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture 1/3 at a time, alternating with milk-juice mixture. Beat on low speed until just incorporated. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; invert onto rack to cool completely, about 15 minutes.
Per Serving: 363 calories; 13.1 g fat; 57.7 g carbohydrates; 4.7 g protein; 67 mg cholesterol; 328 mg sodium. Full nutrition