Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients16 m servings 802
Original recipe yields 1 servings (1 panino)
- Drizzle olive oil on 1 side of each bread slice. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on the other side of each slice. Pile Cheddar cheese, ham, tomato, and onion on top. Top with other bread slice, mayonnaise side down.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; spray lightly with cooking spray. Place sandwich on grill; weigh it down with a heavy pan. Cook until cheese is melted and grill marks appear, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- This basic recipe is easily changed up with prosciutto, salami, or even turkey. This is also great as a veggie sandwich.
- You can substitute French bread for Italian bread, if preferred.
- You can substitute extra-virgin olive oil for the extra-light olive oil, if preferred.
- You can use spreadable cheese in place of mayonnaise, if preferred.
- You can use this recipe to make multiple sandwiches; assemble them ahead of time, grill, and place in a warm oven until serving.
- I recommend a George Forman® grill because it eliminates the need for flipping. If you don't have a grill pan, use a regular cast iron or nonstick skillet.
Per Serving: 802 calories; 63.2 26.7 32.2 118 1840 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2