Zucchini Spaghetti with Lentil Marinara
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 145 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place zucchini in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring lentils to a boil in a pot of 1 1/2 cups water. Cover and reduce heat; simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until translucent, about 2 minutes. Stir in 1 clove garlic and carrots. Cook for 1 minute. Pour in crushed tomatoes and bring marinara sauce to a rapid simmer, about 2 minutes. Press tomato paste against the sides of the pan using the back of a spoon.
- Stir 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1 clove garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, parsley, and red pepper flakes into the marinara. Reduce to a simmer; cover and cook until flavors meld, about 20 minutes. Pour in lentils; simmer until lentils have absorbed the marinara, about 10 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the zucchini noodles and the remaining 1 clove garlic. Seasoning with salt and pepper, cook until noodles are coated, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve noodles on plates with a ladleful of lentil marinara and a topping of Parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Notes:
- Before using the lentils pour into a colander and rinse then go through them with your hands to pick out any bad lentils.
- Cut zucchini into noodles/ribbons/spirals using a spiralizer (fitted with the large shredding blade).
Per Serving: 145 calories; 10.3 g fat; 11.7 g carbohydrates; 3.8 g protein; 3 mg cholesterol; 699 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1