Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 115
Original recipe yields 72 servings (72 muffins)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a muffin pan or line with muffin cups.
- Combine bran flakes and bran cereal in a heat-proof bowl. Cover with boiling water; stir and let sit until softened.
- Beat sugar, shortening, and eggs together in a very large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture. Stir in softened bran; mix until evenly incorporated.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- The batter can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 months; bake as needed.
Per Serving: 115 calories; 4.9 16.8 2.1 11 154 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
If you grew up in the 70's everyone had this recipe in the fridge waiting to be baked! I scaled the recipe to 27 servings which yielded 32 muffins with my #50 scoop, that baked in 22 minutes. I...