Kotlet Schabowy (Polish Breaded Pork Chop)
made it | 0 reviews |
"Breaded pork chops with mashed potatoes and salad (preferably a sauerkraut salad) is served regularly for Sunday dinner in Poland. Pound the meat as thinly as you can for best results."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 332 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings (2 pork chops)
- Place pork chops between 2 sheets of heavy plastic on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound with the smooth side of a meat mallet, turning occasionally, until very thin. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour flour onto a large plate. Whisk egg in a wide, shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dredge chops with flour. Dip in whisked egg. Coat with bread crumbs on both sides. Shake off excess coating.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add breaded chops; cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Cook's Note:
- Fry pork chops in lard if preferred.
Per Serving: 332 calories; 21.8 g fat; 15.2 g carbohydrates; 18.1 g protein; 124 mg cholesterol; 257 mg sodium. Full nutrition