H'rira Onctueuse a L'Agneau (Rich and Creamy Harira Soup)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Harira is a hearty Moroccan soup made with lamb, chickpeas, vegetables, and herbs. In this version, the vegetables and chickpeas are blended into a velvety and rich finish and the braised lamb is served on top."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 48 m servings 323
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat. Add lamb; cook and stir until browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; add potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini, onions, chickpeas, and carrots. Stir in celery, mint, cilantro, ginger, cinnamon, and saffron. Cover with water and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in tomato puree and enough water to cover. Simmer, adding more water as it is absorbed, until chickpeas are tender, about 45 minutes. Transfer lamb to a plate using a slotted spoon.
- Puree chickpea mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Season lamb with salt and pepper; stir back into the pot.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Cooking time will depend on the cut of lamb you use.
- You can opt to use canned chickpeas if you have not soaked dried chickpeas overnight.
Per Serving: 323 calories; 9.7 43 18.5 29 184 Full nutrition