Chocolate Banana Cake with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Inspired by Elvis's famous peanut butter banana sandwich, I took this to the next level by incorporating the flavors into a moist and simple cake. But who can have a cake without frosting? Not me! A creamy peanut butter cream cheese frosting tops this off and makes it my one-of-a-kind cake filled with four favorite flavors. I think Elvis would be proud!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 427
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 8-inch layer cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 8-inch baking pans with cooking spray.
- Combine all-purpose flour, white sugar, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir mashed bananas, buttermilk, egg whites, applesauce, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract together in a separate bowl. Add gradually to the flour mixture, mixing until batter is just combined.
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool in the pans for 30 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until frosting is creamy.
- Run a rubber spatula around the edges of the cooled cakes. Grease a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray. Invert cake pans onto the baking sheet; tap bottoms lightly to release cakes.
- Spread frosting onto the cake layers. Stack layers; frost top and sides. Cut into 8 slices. Garnish with banana slices.
Per Serving: 427 calories; 15.6 63.8 11.9 55 526 Full nutrition