Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 557
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix cornbread mix, milk, and egg together in a bowl until smooth.
- Combine ground beef, onion, and jalapeno pepper in a large oven-proof skillet; cook and stir until beef is browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in enchilada sauce, salsa, corn, and chipotle pepper until heated through, about 5 minutes. Pour cornbread batter on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Sprinkle Cheddar cheese over the top. Continue baking until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use your choice of shredded cheese.
Per Serving: 557 calories; 26.6 44.7 34.4 140 967 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I made one small change by making enchilada sauce otherwise no changes. You definitely do not want to leave out the jalapeño pepper or the chipotle pepper as it helps balance the cornbread sweet...