Almond Cake Cannoli Trifle
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 351
Original recipe yields 20 servings (1 trifle bowl)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)).
- Combine cake mix, water, eggs, pudding mix, and almond extract in a bowl. Blend on low with an electric mixer until moistened. Increase speed to medium and blend about 2 minutes more. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in the pan for 25 minutes; transfer cake to cooling rack.
- Combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup confectioners' sugar, white sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Whip cannoli cream until smooth using an electric mixer.
- Beat heavy cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until foamy. Add 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract at a time to achieve desired sweetness, continuing to beat until cream is stiff.
- Transfer cooled cake to a cutting board and cut into small, bite-size pieces. Arrange 1 layer of cake pieces to cover the bottom of a trifle bowl. Top with a layer of chocolate chips and the cannoli cream. Continue with layers until bowl is nearly full; top with the whipped cream and chocolate chips.
You might also like
Per Serving: 351 calories; 16.4 44 7.5 62 309 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1