Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 386 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 9x13-inch cake pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch pan.
- Beat cake mix, water, eggs, and oil in a large bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Poke holes all over the cake using the handle of a wooden spoon. Whisk milk and pudding mix together in a bowl until just starting to thicken. Pour over cake, spreading with spatula to fill the holes. Refrigerate to firm, about 1 hour.
- Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl. Heat heavy whipping cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until bubbles form, about 3 minutes. Pour over the chocolate chips; whisk until smooth. Spread chocolate ganache over cake with a spatula.
- Cook's Note:
- You can eat this right away, but I prefer to refrigerate and consume the next day. This lets the ingredients come together to make the cake insanely moist and the ganache thicken.
Per Serving: 386 calories; 20.4 g fat; 49.1 g carbohydrates; 5.4 g protein; 56 mg cholesterol; 399 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Making this cake for the 2nd time tonight. My nephew, who loves Boston Cream Pie, loves this cake. Tomorrow is his birthday and he requested that I make it. Easy and delicious! Did not change a ...