Spicy Chicken and Broccoli with Squash Pasta
made it | 0 reviews |
Cindy Anschutz Barbieri
"I love leftovers and especially during our Hewfit challenge I am hungry more often. Last night I made chicken scarpiello and packed up the extra chicken and chicken sausage and made this dish. I will share a recipe for you to cook up chicken if you don't have leftovers handy. Actually, go and pick up a rotisserie chicken. That would be super easy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients57 m servings 455 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chicken thighs and sausage links on the baking sheet. Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 25 minutes. Cool until easily handled, 5 to 10 minutes. Pull chicken apart. Slice sausage links.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, cherry peppers, jalapeno pepper, and garlic; cook until tomatoes soften, about 3 minutes. Stir in chicken and sausage slices.
- Cut yellow squash into noodles using a spiralizer. Add to the skillet. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over squash; toss with tongs until heated through, about 1 minute. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Melt butter on top.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute ghee for the butter if desired.
Per Serving: 455 calories; 33.9 g fat; 10 g carbohydrates; 27.8 g protein; 136 mg cholesterol; 495 mg sodium. Full nutrition