Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients47 m servings 353 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and onion. Cook and stir until onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Season chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper; add to skillet. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 4 to 5 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Remove chicken from skillet and slice thinly.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain; return to pot.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic; stir until starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Whisk in flour; stir frequently to dissolve lumps and avoid burning, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir yogurt into flour mixture. Add broth slowly until sauce is thinned, about 3 minutes. Add Parmesan cheese and blue cheese; stir until melted.
- Stir peppers and onions into sauce; season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over pasta; stir to coat. Mix in chicken.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute whole wheat flour and whole wheat pasta instead of conventional, if you prefer.
- Add shrimp, or completely substitute scallops and shrimp for chicken. Add cooked broccoli, sauteed mushrooms, or other veggies as desired.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
Per Serving: 353 calories; 11.4 g fat; 47 g carbohydrates; 16.2 g protein; 22 mg cholesterol; 109 mg sodium. Full nutrition