Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 344
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer onion and 1 tablespoon of the oil from the skillet to a food processor and puree until smooth. Reserve remaining oil in the skillet.
- Place onion puree, beef, egg, yogurt, garlic paste, ginger paste, coriander, salt, and red pepper in a bowl. Mix by hand to combine. Form beef mixture into 4 to 5-inch-long kebabs using oiled hands. Arrange in a baking pan.
- Saute cumin seeds in the reserved oil over medium-high heat until blackened, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, and salt; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes more. Pour the sauce over the kebabs. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until beef is no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes. Uncover and turn on the broiler. Broil until brown, about 5 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Tomato paste may be substituted for tomato sauce.
- For extra spicy kebabs, add about 1 teaspoon ground red pepper to the sauce.
Per Serving: 344 calories; 22.4 11.1 22.6 112 1990 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1