Peach and Nectarine Crumble
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 249
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch baking pan.
- Boil peaches and nectarines 1 fruit at a time in a pot until very soft, about 30 seconds each. Let cool until ready to handle. Peel, core, and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the fruit, sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, coconut oil, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Mix with hands or a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the fruit mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is browned and juice appears bubbly, about 30 minutes. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- This can also be made in a 9-inch pie pan.
- Depending on the sweetness or juiciness of the fruit, adjust the amounts of sugar and cornstarch. Also feel free to omit the sugar. This recipe can easily be made vegan and dairy-free.
- 1/2 cup softened, unsalted butter may be substituted for the coconut oil.
Per Serving: 249 calories; 6.1 48.7 3.1 0 112 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
It smells awesome. Peeling and coring the fruits took me the most time to do. Everything else was simple. The changes I made; I omitted the peaches entirely and just used nectarines because I...
I didn't have nectarines but did have a ton of peaches so I just used those. I did one and a half times the recipe to put it in a 9x13. Outside of that I left it just as it was and it turned out...