Turmeric Golden Milk with Turmeric Paste
Ingredients39 m servings 150
- Combine 1/2 cup water, turmeric, and pepper in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, 7 to 9 minutes. Stir in 1 teaspoon water. Continue cooking until thickened into a paste, 7 to 9 minutes. Cool completely, 15 to 20 minutes. Pour into an airtight glass jar.
- Whisk 1 teaspoon turmeric paste, almond milk, coconut oil, ginger, and cinnamon together in a saucepan. Heat over low heat until hot, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in honey.
- Strain milk mixture into 2 mugs.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use soy, coconut, or rice milk if preferred.
- Use maple syrup, stevia, or coconut sugar instead of honey if preferred.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of turmeric. The actual amount of turmeric consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 150 calories; 6.4 22.3 2.3 0 168 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Quite delicious. The amount of paste is significant. Thankfully, it can be used in so much more than drinks. Add it to soups, curries, and stews. Thank you for the recipe.
I added the cinnamon and ginger to the paste. I add my soy or other milk, a teaspoon of honey, heat it up and this becomes what dreams are made of.