Chocolate Chip Cashew Date Bars
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 221 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 8-inch baking pan)
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with several inches of cool water until soft, 30 to 60 minutes. Drain, squeeze out extra liquid, and reserve. Chop dates into a thick paste.
- Combine dates with cashews, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl. Fold in chocolate chips. Press mixture firmly into a parchment paper-lined 8-inch baking pan until compact. Refrigerate until set, 1 hour to overnight.
- Cut into bars.
- Cook's Notes:
- You will not need to soak dates if they are already soft.
- You can also mix dates and cashews together using a food processor. If the mixture seems too dry, add reserved dates water, 1 teaspoon at a time until mixtures sticks together but is not too wet.
- Store in a sealed container (or wrap individually) in the fridge.
Per Serving: 221 calories; 12.1 g fat; 28.2 g carbohydrates; 4.1 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 284 mg sodium. Full nutrition