Chokladbiskvier (Swedish Chocolate Meringue Cookies)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 37 m servings 185 cals
Original recipe yields 30 servings (30 cookies)
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until medium peaks form. Sprinkle in white sugar with mixer running; beat until thoroughly combined. Fold in ground almonds and bread crumbs until evenly combined. Let meringue batter rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Stir confectioners' sugar and cocoa powder together in a small bowl.
- Beat 1 cup butter in a large bowl until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar mixture in 2 to 3 additions, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract and salt until combined.
- Scoop meringue batter onto baking sheets in 2-tablespoon portions.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm but not browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Flip each meringue cookie over; frost with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the butter mixture. Arrange on a flat plate or baking sheet.
- Freeze meringue cookies until firm, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Combine semisweet chocolate and 6 tablespoons butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until glaze is smooth.
- Dip each cookie into the glaze, frosted-side down, until completely coated. Refrigerate or freeze until set.
- Cook's Note:
- A small sorbet scoop works great for portioning meringue batter.
Per Serving: 185 calories; 12 g fat; 18.7 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 22 mg cholesterol; 32 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1