Loaded Sweet Potato Lasagna
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Cindy Anschutz Barbieri
"Every morning I love watching the Today Show while drinking my coffee. I normally watch the cooking segment (and critique it) and on this morning I was curious who Kevin Curry was from Fit Men Cook so I grabbed my cup of coffee and sat to watch his segment. I am Italian and love the gym. Currently I am doing a weight loss challenge at my gym called HEWFIT and this recipe inspired me to create this dish! I don't miss the cheese at all. Enjoy my paleo version."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 56 m servings 223
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9x13-inch baking pan)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook beef, breaking apart into small pieces using a wooden spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Move to a bowl using a slotted spoon.
- Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add to the beef. Season beef with 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir in 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce until well combined.
- Cook and stir eggplant in the skillet until soft, about 2 minutes per side. Season with salt. Set on a plate. Repeat with zucchini. Cook and stir mushrooms over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Cook and stir Cubanelle peppers until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Lay sweet potatoes evenly over the bottom of the baking pan, reserving a few slices. Layer eggplant, beef, zucchini, Cubanelle peppers, and mushrooms on top. Cover with the remaining 1/2 cup marinara. Top with the reserved sweet potato slices. Drizzle with oil; season with the remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sweet potatoes are soft, about 45 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes more. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Coconut oil may be substituted for the olive oil.
- Ground turkey may be substituted for the ground beef.
- Either use a sharp chef's knife (carefully) or a mandolin to slice your sweet potato. Slice sweet potatoes into round slices if using a springform pan. You can also slice lengthwise for a more traditional lasagna-looking noodle.
Per Serving: 223 calories; 13.5 16.3 9.8 28 339 Full nutrition