Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 50 m servings 483
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Pierce spaghetti squash with a fork 10 times and place whole in a slow cooker. Cook on Low until very soft, about 4 hours. Halve squash and remove seeds.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Unroll pizza dough onto a greased baking sheet.
- Scrape squash flesh into a bowl; mix in spaghetti sauce, ground beef, and zucchini. Spread squash mixture lengthwise down the middle of the dough. Top with cubed mozzarella cheese.
- Cut sides of dough into even strips starting at the outside edges and stopping at the squash mixture. Fold alternating strips over squash mixture to form a braid. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake in the preheated oven until dough is brown and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes. Cool for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If your spaghetti squash is too large for your slow cooker, pierce it with a fork and microwave whole for 5 minutes. The squash should then cut in half easily and fit into your slow cooker.
- Spaghetti squash can also be cooked in the oven. Cut the squash in half, remove seeds, and drizzle with olive oil. Place cut-side down on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 45 minutes.
- You can substitute ground turkey, Italian sausage, or pepperoni for the ground beef, if you prefer.
- Instead of greasing the baking sheet, you can use a sheet of parchment paper.
Per Serving: 483 calories; 18.5 53.3 24.9 81 1176 Full nutrition