Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients49 m servings 189 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 donuts)
- Whisk cassava flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Combine butter and coconut sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add coconut milk, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract, and 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract to the butter mixture; beat until well combined. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture; stir until batter is evenly mixed.
- Heat donut maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Pipe batter into donut forms using a pastry bag or a clean resealable plastic bag with one corner cut off.
- Bake according to manufacturer's instructions, about 4 minutes. Transfer donuts to a rack; cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips, coconut oil, and 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract in a double boiler, stirring until glaze is smooth. Spoon into a shallow bowl. Dip top of each cooled donut into glaze and then into crushed candy canes; return to cooling rack. Repeat with remaining donuts.
- Cook's Notes:
- For a dairy-free version, use coconut oil instead of the butter.
- These donuts can also be made in the oven using a donut pan; cooking time will be longer.
- You could substitute peppermint essential oil (such as doTERRA®) for the peppermint extract; 10 drops in the donut batter and 2 to 3 drops in the glaze.
Per Serving: 189 calories; 10 g fat; 25.7 g carbohydrates; 1.5 g protein; 26 mg cholesterol; 118 mg sodium. Full nutrition