Whole Wheat Huckleberry Crumb Muffins
"These hearty and healthy muffins showcase the tangy flavor of wild huckleberries and hearty flavor of whole wheat and oats. Guilt-free and satisfying breakfast your friends and family will love! Even though these are made part with whole wheat flour, they come out surprisingly fluffy."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 212
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 muffin cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 1 muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Combine milk, sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla extract in a bowl; mix until completely combined.
- Whisk all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl; fold into the milk mixture until batter is just combined. Fold in huckleberries to distribute them evenly.
- Pour batter into the greased muffin tin.
- Combine the remaining 1/4 cup whole wheat flour, oats, brown sugar, cold butter, and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix until crumbly and sprinkle over the muffins.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- This recipe is fantastic with huckleberries, but blueberries would work too.
Per Serving: 212 calories; 7.8 32.7 3.8 33 260 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1