Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients21 d 30 m servings 184
Original recipe yields 32 servings (1 quart)
- Zest lemons, making sure to get the outermost part of the skin and avoid the white pith.
- Place lemon zest in a glass bowl and cover with alcohol. Cover and let infuse at room temperature until yellowish in color, about 7 days.
- Bring water and sugar to the boil in a saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove syrup from heat and let cool, about 10 minutes.
- Pour alcohol into the syrup through a fine-mesh strainer; discard lemon zest. Stir well.
- Pour limoncello into thick, freezer-safe glass bottles. Store in the freezer for at least 2 weeks before serving.
- Cook's Notes:
- Ideally you would use Sorrento PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) lemons. If you can't find them, make sure to select large, ripe, flavorful lemons, all the better if unwaxed and organic.
Per Serving: 184 calories; 0 25.3 0 0 2 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1