Ingredients15 m servings 178
- Cook and stir milk, vanilla extract, and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove mixture from heat before it comes to a boil.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, and cornstarch together in a bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Set saucepan back over low heat. Pour in egg mixture slowly, whisking constantly, until custard thickens enough to coat the bottom of a spoon, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Add up to 1/4 cup more sugar for very sweet custard.
- Crushed pineapple mixed in is awesome! Banana is also great.
Per Serving: 178 calories; 7 21.1 7.1 107 88 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Perfect and so easy to make! I made mine with 2 extra tablespoons of sugar added and then when it was cooked (mine took more like 20 minutes to coat the back of a spoon) I ladled into custard d...
I made the recipe exactly as written plus two tablespoons sugar, and we loved it. It was great plain, but I made a trifle that included pound cake, this custard, cool whip and fresh strawberries...