Chicken and Sweet Potato Rice
made it | 0 reviews |
"Sweet potatoes have served as a great rice extender for many generations in Asia. The softness and sweet taste of the sweet potato gives rice a livelier taste, that's why it is liked by many. Try this sweet potato rice recipe where I've added some meat. You can eat this dish as-is, or serve it with other meat or vegetables."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 544 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Put rice in a large bowl and cover with water. Swirl water to rinse the rice, pour into a wire mesh strainer to drain; repeat. Soak clean rice in 1 cup of fresh water for 30 minutes.
- Mix chicken, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a bowl; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine rice and soaking water, chicken, sweet potato, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a microwave pressure cooker. Cover the cooker; cook in microwave at 600W for 10 minutes. Remove the cooker from the microwave; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Release pressure according cooker manufacturer's instructions. Mix well before serving.
- Editor's Note:
- If you cannot find Japanese rice, you can substitute with white short-grain rice.
Per Serving: 544 calories; 1.3 g fat; 108.1 g carbohydrates; 21.8 g protein; 33 mg cholesterol; 992 mg sodium. Full nutrition