Hot Ube Pandesal (Filipino Purple Yam Bread Rolls)
7 made it | 0 reviews |
"What I'm sharing here is my version of the hot pandesal we ate for breakfast as kids and even for merienda (snack time), with hot chocolate or warm milk. I love food with ube flavor thus incorporating it with my favorite breakfast bread. I know there are many pan de sal recipes online but hope you give this a try and let me know what you think. Thank you! Serve hot with or without spread/butter of your choice. For leftovers, warm in a toaster oven before serving for better taste."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 28 m servings 77
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 rolls)
- Pour milk into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave until warm, about 1 minute.
- Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave until melted, about 30 seconds.
- Place eggs in a bowl; cover with warm water for 1 minute. Drain and crack into the bowl; beat lightly with a fork.
- Place warm milk, melted butter, eggs, salt, bread flour, purple yam powder, and bread machine yeast into a bread machine in the order listed. Run "Dough" cycle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Transfer dough to a greased bowl. Deflate dough with your fist. Cut into 24 oval pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Pour bread crumbs into a shallow plate; roll balls of dough in bread crumbs until coated. Arrange close together, slightly touching, in an ungreased baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 77 calories; 4.8 6.5 2 27 136 Full nutrition