Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients23 m servings 251 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Season tilapia fillets on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Mix 3 tablespoons flour and garlic powder together in a shallow bowl. Dredge tilapia fillets in flour mixture; shake off excess.
- Melt 3 tablespoons margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook fillets in the hot margarine for 2 minutes. Flip; cook until crust is crisp and flesh just starts to flake when pressed with a fork, about 1 minute more. Transfer fillets to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon margarine in the same skillet over medium heat. Scrape the browned bits of fish off the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon flour until thickened. Add lemon juice and capers.
- Pour fish stock into the skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until reduced by half, 5 to 10 minutes. Return fillets to the skillet and spoon reduced stock on top. Garnish with parsley.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute vegetable oil for the margarine if preferred.
- It is easy to make fish broth by boiling bonito flakes and straining them out. Substitute chicken broth if preferred.
- Substitute 1 teaspoon dried parsley for the fresh parsley if desired.
Per Serving: 251 calories; 13 g fat; 7.6 g carbohydrates; 24.7 g protein; 41 mg cholesterol; 443 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1