Roasted Potatoes and Smoked Turkey Legs
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Not knowing what to do with smoked turkey legs, I did a little research without much success, so I decided to try this out. My family loved it and couldn't believe it wasn't out of a recipe book. Serve with crusty bread to soak up all the juices and a lettuce and tomato salad. It's also delicious over pasta."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 325
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or an oven-proof pot over medium heat. Add potatoes, onion, garlic, and chile pepper; cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Place turkey legs on top; cover with diced tomatoes. Cover Dutch oven with lid.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes. Turn turkey legs around to coat with tomato mixture. Stir cabbage and baked beans into the pot; season with paprika, salt, and pepper. Replace lid.
- Continue baking until turkey legs are tender, about 45 minutes. Pull turkey meat off the bones and cut into bite-sized pieces. Mix into the pot.
- Cook's Notes:
- This one-pot recipe will do equally well using smoked pork shanks.
- Peel and dice fresh tomatoes instead of using canned, if preferred.
Per Serving: 325 calories; 7.2 42.1 24.4 45 248 Full nutrition