Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 294 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking dish.
- Combine huckleberry juice, 1/2 cup sugar, and 2 tablespoons flour in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in huckleberries; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Pour into the greased baking dish.
- Mix 1 1/2 cup flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Mix in milk and egg until dough comes together. Spread dough over huckleberry layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you don't have enough huckleberry juice, add enough water to make 3/4 cup.
- If dough is too thick in step 3, thin it out with a bit more milk.
Per Serving: 294 calories; 10 g fat; 48.4 g carbohydrates; 4.4 g protein; 24 mg cholesterol; 219 mg sodium. Full nutrition